- 1 4 pound seedless watermelon, cubed (approximately 7 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- Mint for garnish
- Gin or Vodka (optional)
- Place watermelon cubes in a blender container and blend until mixture is smooth. Place in a clean jar and refrigerate until cold.
- Combine the sugar and water in a 1 quart saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring only once to combine the sugar and water.
- When mixture is clear remove from heat. Stir in rosewater and place syrup in a clean jar and refrigerate until needed.
- To make a drink, re-stir watermelon puree and pour 1 cup of puree into a 12 ounce glass.
- Add 4-5 Tablespoons of syrup, depending on sweetness of melon, and stir well.
- Add ice cubes and an optional jigger of gin or vodka.
- Garnish with mint and serve with a straw.