As in intermezzo course to cleanse the palate or a surprise “petite” dessert after a rich meal, these little glasses are packed with a variety of texture and taste to please and impress your guests.
- 1 recipe Poached Pears in Spiced Wine
- 1 recipe Wine Jelly
- 1 recipe Pear Wine Infused Sorbet
- 1 Bottle Paringa Sparkling Shiraz 2004
- Poach pears and refrigerate until mixture is very cold. Drain pears and reserve liquid in a jar. OPTIONAL: finely dice one pear into ¼ inch cubes.
- Make wine jelly and pour approximately 1-2 Tablespoons of the liquid jelly into ¼ cup capacity shot glasses or sherry glasses. Refrigerate until jelly is set.
- Place pear infused poaching liquid into the container of an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instruction. When sorbet is formed, scoop into plastic container and keep frozen until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, top wine jelly with a small scoop of sorbet and then pour some sparkling Shiraz over sorbet. Serve immediately with a small spoon.
- Optional: A teaspoon of finely chopped poached pear may be placed over the jelly before adding the sorbet and wine or poached pears may be served along with the shooter as a complete dessert