2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
10 ounce frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
¼ c. toasted pine nuts
½ cup finely chopped chives or green part of scallions
1 ½ teaspoons Kosher salt
10 grindings of black pepper, or to taste
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon Persian Advieh, Baharat or Cinnamon
1 pinch of nutmeg
2 tablespoons matzo meal
1/3 cup raisins
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan with olive oil to coat all sides. Set aside.
- Place defrosted chopped spinach in a colander. Take small handfuls of spinach and squeeze real hard until almost all of the moisture has drained. Place spinach in a medium bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the spinach and mix with a fork until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until top of kuku begins to brown.
- Remove from oven, cool and cut into 1 inch squares.
Serves 8 or more for appetizers 6-8 as a side dish.