Chocolate Kisses-4-6 melted and the rest whole
Bag of large marshmallows (not giant ones but not mini)
Thin pckretzel sticks or thin, chocolate covered candy sticks
Tube of writing gel (any color)
- Unwrap the kisses and melt about 4-6 of them in a small dish in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the flat end of a kiss into the melted chocolate and then gently “glue” it on to the bottom of a Marshmallow. Hold for a few seconds so that the kiss doesn’t fall off. Repeate with as many marshmallows as you want.
- When firm, press a pretzel stick or 2 inch piece of candy stick into the opposite end of the marshmallow.
- Using your writing gel, write one of the Hebrew letters of the dreidel onto the side of the marshmallow. A Shin is the easiest because it looks like a W but look on line for the modern Hebrew print and procede to decorate the other marshmallows with one or all of the Hebrew letters.
- Place dreidels on a wire rack until gel is completely dry and then place near or in your cookie box for all to enjoy.
- You can create any number of decorations from this recipe. Keep the kiss on the top and then draw a face on the marshmallow to look like a clown.
- Have children decorate the marshmallows after you help them dip the kiss into the hot melted chocolate. They can use any color in the box of gels and it creates a great activity for all of you to share.
- I prefer to melt small quantities of chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts rather than in a double boiler where the chocolate can get caught in the crevises.