You win two ways with this salad. First of all it is light, refreshing, and perfect for a summer meal. You also get to use the leftover dressing on sandwiches, hot dogs or any time you want the taste of a great honey mustard dressing. And to top it all off, this dressing really is made with honey! Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons Apple cider vinegargood
- pinch of allspice
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 recipe honey mustard salad dressing
- 1 papaya or 1 cup finely diced mango or cantelope
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 cups assorted greens, bibb, radicchio, watercress
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Combine the honey and mustard in a bowl and then whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- If necessary, adjust the flavor by adding a little more oil or Miracle whip.
- Serve with salads or with vegetables as a dip.
- Brush the chicken breasts with some of the honey mustard dressing and grill over a medium fire until done but still juicy (about 5 minutes total). When slightly cooled, cut into strips and set aside.
- Thinly slice or chiffonade the greens and toss together in a bowl.
- When ready to serve, toss the greens with a small amount of the dressing just to coat and place the mixed greens on individual plates. Place the sliced chicken on the lettuce and arrange the fruits around the plates. Garnish with the toasted almonds and pass the remaining dressing to your guests.