2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon honey
¾ teaspoon salt, divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup panko
¼ cup finely chopped pecans
2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley (optional, for color)
1 ½ pounds salmon fillet, skin removed
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and set an oven rack in the bottom third of the oven.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, melted butter, honey, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix the panko, pecans, parsley (if using), and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- If making this dish for Tu’B’Av, Valentine’s Day or for a loved one, use a 4-inch heart cookie cutter and cut out hearts of salmon. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon the honey-mustard mixture evenly over the salmon fillets letting excess mixture drip down the sides.
- Evenly sprinkle the panko-pecan mixture over the salmon hearts pressing down lightly so it adheres to the glaze.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes per inch of thickness, depending on how well-done you like your salmon.
Serve hot or at room temperature