Nothing is easier or more flavorful than a wonderful combination of spices rubbed on the surface of a piece of chicken or fish. Think of a rub as a waterless marinade that imparts a terrific flavor to food.
- 1 Tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon black peppercorn, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all of the ingredients for the rub in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts
- Rub the chicken breasts with some of the spice rub to coat well. Allow to sit for at least 1/2 hour at room temperature. If marinating for several hours, keep food in the refrigerator but bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 3 minutes per side or until firm but springy to the touch.