There is nothing like a big, juicy, sweet strawberry and there is nothing more elegant and simple then this dessert. Serve it plain or over pound cake or ice cream for a great finish to your meal.
- 1 pint strawberries
- granulated sugar to taste
- 1 Tablespoon brandy
- 1 Tablespoon Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns, cracked
- Cut the washed strawberries in half and place in a bowl with the sugar.
- Add the brandy and the orange liqueur and the cracked peppercorns. Let sit for 15 minutes and serve plain or with a little creme fraiche.
Hallelujah is a great Orange Liquour from Israel that tastes as good as Grand Marnier but is half the cost! The pepper for this recipe should be cracked in a plastic bag with a heavy object. Pepper from a mill , no matter how coarse, is not coarse enough.
- [Image]: https://cookingandmore.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/BalsamicBlackPepperStrawberries.jpg