- 1 pint strawberries
- granulated sugar to taste
- 1 Tablespoon brandy
- 1 Tablespoon Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns, cracked
- Cut the washed strawberries in half and place in a bowl with the sugar.
- Add the brandy and the orange liqueur and the cracked peppercorns. Let sit for 15 minutes and serve plain or with a little creme fraiche.
Hallelujah is a great Orange Liquour from Israel that tastes as good as Grand Marnier but is half the cost! The pepper for this recipe should be cracked in a plastic bag with a heavy object. Pepper from a mill , no matter how coarse, is not coarse enough.