There is no need to throw out that perfumed poaching liquid from the pears. Just add the mixture to your favorite ice cream machine and in twenty minutes you will have a sorbet that will make your guests swoon!
- 2-3 cups poaching liquid from Poached Pear recipe
- 1 ice cream maker-preferably 1-2 quart size
- Chill the poached pears in the wine mixture it was cooked in for 2 or more hours or until liquid is quite cold.
- Remove the pears from the liquid and set aside in a glass or plastic bowl.
- Pour the liquid into the frozen container from a small ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions until a soft, but thoroughly frozen mixture is formed. Store the sorbet in a sealed plastic container and serve when ready to use.
- [Image]: https://cookingandmore.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/redwinepoachedpearswebsite.jpg