This is a terrific recipe and the antithesis of the raw orange/cranberry relish that was popular long ago! Make a double batch because it lasts forever in the refrigerator and will be great on sandwiches or even ice cream. Enjoy!
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 apples, pared, cored, and cut into chunks
- 2 pears, pared, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 cup dark raisins
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur
- Put all of the ingredients EXCEPT the liqueur into a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a slow simmer. Cook uncovered for 30 – 45 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Stir occasionally.
- Add the liqueur and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours. This mixture lasts for months in the refrigerator and freezes well.
- Serve chilled as an accompaniment to a poultry dinner.
- [Image]: https://cookingandmore.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/cranberrysaucewebsite.jpg