These pralines are not the soft shiny kind found in New Orleans. They are firm and opaque and so delicious. A perfect ending to a great Fajita dinner.
1/2-cup brown sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 Tablespoon corn syrup
- Combine the sugars, butter, milk and corn syrup in a heavy 2 quart saucepan and cook at a low boil for 15 – 20 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Cook the mixture until it forms a soft ball when a small amount is dropped into a glass of ice water.
- Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the pecans and remove from the heat. Stir to coat the pecans.
- Pour the mixture by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper and allow to cool.
- [Image]: https://cookingandmore.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/mexican-pralines.jpg