Appetizers don’t come much easier than this. This is the classic Spanish pairing of sweet Membrillo, a thick paste made from cooked quince, and nutty Manchego cheese. Both ingredients are more available in stores for you to purchase but any thick, fruit-based gel can be used with a firm, slightly nutty cheese. Enjoy!
- 4 ounces Membrillo-Quince Paste
- 8 ounces manchego cheese
- Assorted crackers or thin slices of French bread, toasted
- Wet a sharp knife and cut the paste into ¼ inch slices.
- Cut the slices into rectangles, or diamond shapes. You may also use small cookie cutters to make little flowers out of the membrillo.
- Cut the manchego cheese into slices and then cut the slices into squares or rectangles small enough to fit on a cracker.
- Place the cheese on the cracker and then place the membrillo on top of the cheese. That’s it! Makes 2 – 3 dozen appetizers depending on how thick you make the slices.