3 medium sweet potatoes
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil
2-4 tablespoons pure maple syrup (amount of sweetness is your choice)
2 tablespoons fruit flavored Balsamic vinegar (a plain, sweet Balsamic will suffice)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1/8th teaspoon ground cloves
1/8-1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder (to taste)
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Marshmallows- 10-12 large or 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Rinse the outside of the sweet potatoes and then rub with the olive oil. Place on a cookie sheet and roast for 45 minutes- 1 hour until the potatoes seem soft when lightly squeezed. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the potato into a bowl leaving a ¼ inch attached to the skin. You
- Mash the potatoes until fairly smooth and then add all of the seasonings.
- Spoon or pipe the mashed potatoes into 4 of the halves ( you probably won’t need the remaining 2 halves unless you don’t overstuff the potatoes)
- Top the stuffed potato halves with the marshmallows and bake for another 10 minutes or until heated through.
- If marshmallows aren’t dark enough, pass them under a broiler for 1 minute or until golden brown.