1/3 cup fruity olive oil
Finely grated zest from ½ lemon
2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar (fruit varieties like Fig or Apple are best)
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, grated or finely minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
12 ounce package of shaved Brussel Sprouts
½ large, unpeeled Honeycrisp apple thinly sliced lengthwise
½ cup dried cranberries or cherries
1/3 cup dry roasted slivered almonds
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
¼ cup fresh pomegranate arils
Maldon salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar. Cover and shake vigorously to form an emulsion. Refrigerate until needed.
2. Combine the Brussel Sprouts with the apple, cranberries and half of the almonds and Parmesan cheese in a 3 quart bowl.
3. Add a few tablespoons of the dressing to the salad and toss to lightly coat. Place in a nice serving bowl.
4. Just before serving, drizzle some more of the dressing on the salad (you will probably only use half of the recipe) and then top with the remaining almonds, pomegranate arils and salt and pepper.
5. Toss tableside and serve.
6. Serves 6-8