For the sweetest, most delicious corn dish, try this recipe. The aroma of the butter and vanilla is enough to get your guests to the dining table in a nano second.I once was invited to a party and asked to bring this dish. I made the mistake of baking four times the recipe in a deep 3 quart casserole. The hostess made the mistake of using a large mixing spoon as the serving spoon. The guests liked what they saw and took heaping spoonfuls and as a result, the last 5 people on the serving line didn’t get a chance to enjoy!
- 12 ounces vacuum packed corn
- 1/4-cup sugar
- 1/2-cup milk or soy creamer
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 4 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Combine all of the ingredients in the order in which they are listed making sure that you stir the mixture while you add the hot melted butter.
- Pour into a casserole and bake at 425F for 35 minutes or until golden.
1: This recipe can be doubled or quadrupled but figure on a little more baking time– up to one hour.
2: When making a large quantity of this recipe, it is better to use a 13 x 9 pyrex pan or larger pan, as needed, than to use a deep casserole.