Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F
1-1/2 cup grated raw carrots
¼ cup potato starch (or corn starch)
1 cup ground almonds
Juice and rind of 1 lemon
8 eggs (separated)
1-1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons matzo meal (or flour)
1 Tablespoon wine (or white grape juice)
- Beat egg yolks until thickened. (Reserve egg whites)
- Add sugar and beat until light in color.
- Mix carrots, matzo meal (flour) and Potato (or corn) starch.
- Stir carrot mixture into egg mixture.
- Add almonds, lemon juice and rind and wine (grape juice)
- Blend all ingredients well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into previous mixture.
- Turn into well-greased 1-1/2 Quart baking dish.
- Bake @ 300 Degrees F for 1-1/2 hours.