I haven’t met a Passover cereal that I liked so I decided to create one. This Granola is too good! I eat it for breakfast, munch on it for a snack, and when I am particularly bad, I stir it into melted chocolate and make a candy that is addictive! This makes about a quart, but plan on making more than one batch before Passover is over.
- 3 cups matzo farfel
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sweetened or unsweetened coconut
- 2/3-cup pecans broken into large pieces
- 1/4-teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4-teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3-cup wildflower or clover honey
- 1 ½ cups chopped dried mixed fruit of your choice including raisins, or 7 oz. bag of dried fruits
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine the farfel, almonds, coconut, pecans, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a 2 quart mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter and honey in a small glass bowl in a microwave for 1 minutes until butter is melted and honey is more fluid.
- Stir the butter mixture into the farfel mixture until all farfel is lightly coated with the butter.
- Spread mixture over a large pan with 1 inch sides and bake for 15 minutes. Half way through baking stir to brown evenly.
- Remove from oven. Cool slightly and then toss with the dried fruit.
- When totally cooled, store in a zip lock bag or air tight storage container for all eight days of Passover!
MIXTURE MAY BE MADE WITH PAREVE MARGARINE.